08 August 2008



As I mentioned yesterday today would have been Maurice's birthday. I thought it would be nice to have a photo here for all of you who didn't know him to see. And thanks to Ellie for the heart.

It was a very nice surprise to get comments on my Blog and to be told by several friends to keep it up. But, you know what, I find it very hard to be disciplined in the Life in the Retired Lane. Geepers it was hard enough to be disciplined when I was trying set an example for my kids. Now that there is only me to think about I like to just go with flow. I will try to be good. Now Mary, no laughing. I can do it if I try hard and you're not here to lead me astray!!!

Today was not a good example of retirement. I had to work. Not hard though, helping out in my friend's shop and since it is winter in Augusta, a sleepy little town nestled between ocean, river and forest, things are very quiet. It is really a matter of being here in case somebody happens to want something and today it was mostly only bus tickets for that ride "outta town". Hope they come back some time.


3 comments:

mary circosta said...

Ok Jennifer, I won't laugh, but you wait till you come back up here to live, then we will have lots to laugh at, take care, and I sang happy birthday to Maurice even lit a candle and blew it out for him,
heh heh as someone we know would say to that, "That's stupid"
Oh well talk soon

mary circosta said...

Ok Jennifer, I won't laugh, but you wait till you come back up here to live again, then what fun we will have, talk to you later my friend. Thought of dear Maurice even sang happy birthday to him. bye, Mary

Unknown said...

What a beautiful picture, Jennifer! A happy day...
Laura